Monday, November 28, 2016

Fill Your December Music Class with Ho, Ho, Ho!



I love December. I had 2 of my 4 children in December and I think that's why it's my favorite month. I have really warm fuzzy memories of holding a brand new baby in my arms while sitting in my rocking chair in front of the Christmas Tree. Those are the times that make life worth living and special for me. I've also always written a new Holiday Song every year.




I could sing Christmas songs all year long. They are my favorite! I love to incorporate as many music concepts into this fun-yet kinda crazy time of year-as I can.
I'm also helping students build on the music skills we've begun to acquire.
Students will be movin' and groovin' to songs focusing on concepts like the Steady Beat, Playing a Rhythmic Ostinato, Playing a Melodic Ostinato, Singing and Playing together.




Showing High/Low, Fast/Slow with multi-cultural vocal explorations and playing on instruments.



Kinders will be playing a steady beat on drums and on xylophones and working on singing and playing together using, "I Have a Little Dreidel"




2-3-4 Grades will be playing parts of the Orff Arrangement.
"I Have a Little Dreidel" Orff




They'll also have a chance to express how music makes them feel when we listen to some selections from the Nutcracker while filling out these fun worksheets.
Holiday No Prep Printables




I like to give students as many opportunities as possible to experience the variety of Holiday Music selections.
I will definitely give them creative movement opportunities as we get nearer and nearer to the holiday break.
The more I teach, the more I feel that students need interactive and diverse opportunities to really acquire musical skills. As a general music teacher I developed my own curriculum so that each grade level experiences music in many different modes.
I implemented a well rounded curriculum including singing with solfege hand signs, playing on non-pitched instruments, and pitched instruments such as xylophones, and provide many opportunities for creative movement (whether organized dance, movement or free), which provides the students with multiple opportunities to experience and  learn musical skills through their elementary years.
"We Wish You a Merry Christmas"

Additional opportunities for learning come in later grades through playing ukulele, recorder and guitar.
"Ring the Bells" Original song for Recorder
Recorder Holiday Music Lesson: Song "Ring the Bells" G-A-B

"Jolly Old St. Nicholas" a bundle of lessons with Orff Arrangement, Recorders and Chords for Guitar.
As I create resources for my TpT store, I work on resources that accommodate all of the different modalities of learning music.
My hope is to help teachers find diverse ways to teach music concepts-keep their students engaged and well, have fun!
Don't forget to grab these freebies-
"12 Days of Christmas" Write your own lyrics.
Freebie: Song and  Lyric Writing Printable "The Twelve Day
And a nice bookmark you can make as a reward for good behavior or attending a concert. 
Freebie: Holiday Editable Bookmark
Happy December!


FOLLOW ME HERE

Google+ Followers