Wednesday, June 3, 2015

WACKY WEDNESDAY WISDOM AND WISECRACKS

I've decided to throw in some more blog posts about Wacky things I like to do. Maybe you're like me--or maybe not. But I was thinking that you might enjoy knowing some WACKY things about me.
Why Wednesday?
Wednesday's are always a bit WACKY for me. I'm not talking about Boomwhackers either... During the school year I hold an extra-curricular Chorus program that begins with sleepy kids coming in about 7:40ish.  And our school schedule is shortened. Instead of 40 minute classes they are 30 mins.  Don't stop there for the wackiness--the weekly schedule is also rotated on Wednesday.  For example:
Monday-Monday Classes
Tuesday-Tuesday Classes
Wednesday-Tuesday Classes except 5th and 6th graders who have a separate rotation schedule.
Thursday-Thursday Classes
Friday-Friday Classes (Also possible traveling to another school in the afternoon.)
So on Wednesday I'm supposed to remember which classes and which times and which day it is--very confusing!  I made big posters for my classroom and put them in 3 places. On the door, by the Clock and above my desk.
It's no wonder that I get bored now after 40 minutes. I'm so used to changing gears all day long.
It's no wonder I'm WACKY!

Anyway, today's wacky thoughts are about eating.  Last year was a tough year for me. I kept getting sick to my stomach and gained about 10 lbs. and all I felt I could eat was Rice and Potatoes.  Through an elimination diet I found out that I can't eat any dairy--INCLUDING WHEY PROTEIN, high fructose corn syrup (in GATORADE AND POWERADE), a lot of nuts, or gluten. I also discovered FODMAPS....it's not a musical term.  I now follow a Fodmap diet--no dairy, gluten or soy. Here's a great Blog I've done a couple of triathlons and some road bike events and love to work out--but when your tummy isn't happy--neither are you.
Here's my biking buddy and I just recently for a Spring Ride:

So it's been hard finding replacements for my go to foods for working out and re hydrating....The good news-- for the last 2 months I've enjoyed feeling like my "old" self.
Here's a sample of my daily menu:

Breakfast:
Egg Whites
Spinach
Product Details1/2 potato

Snack:
Protein smoothie with RICE PROTEIN 
with Strawberries, pineapple, spinach or kale

LUNCH
Protein choice of Tuna or Chicken
Kale/Carrot Salad
Purple grapes

SNACK
Almonds or Rice Cake with Almond Butter and Banana
I haven't as yet found any kind of premade bars..but this BLOG has great recipes.

DINNER
Protein-Salmon/Tilapia or Chicken or Beef (once in a while)
Large Salad with Dark Greens, Carrots anything I've got that can go in a salad.
Quinoa
Sometimes (depending on my work outs) Brown Rice or Yam

What's my treat?
 Dark Chocolate-check the ingredients for MILK which many of them have.
I can have Potato, Sweet Potato chips-but I limit these when dieting.
Lindt Excellence Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, 3.5 oz

Now, I'm not a medical person or nutritionist and I'm not skinny either...I'm sharing because as I went through this last year I found a ton of people who have the same sensitivities to food.  I can't eat any of those "healthy" or "natural" foods if they have flax in them either--it makes me sick.

So my wisdom on this Wacky Wednesday is to eat what your body likes and makes it feel good. Be true to feeling good-you deserve it.



I hope you'll subscribe to my BLOG and be sure to follow me at SING PLAY CREATIVELY TPT!






Music Teacher Tips

FEATURED POST

3 Creative Ways to Make Puppets

Springtime music lessons can be so much fun. I like to play a lot of circle games with my students during the last quarter of the s...