Sunday, February 26, 2017

IDEAS TO CELEBRATE MIOSM MUSIC IN OUR SCHOOLS MONTH


If you haven't had a chance to prepare for your March is Music Month in Our Schools, don't worry. I've got you covered! I've had a lot of fun putting together a variety of FREEBIES just for you.  They are forever Freebies because I want to say thank you to my fellow Music Teachers and help them celebrate MIOSM.  
Teaching music has been such a rewarding experience for me and has brought me a great deal of joy-and I hope a lot of joy to my Students. I'm passionate about teaching the "Whole Child". And, I'm passionate about teaching music! I can't envision a child growing up without the benefits of music education. Music is so important for children. It empowers their creative thinking, stimulates learning connections and opens their hearts to universal truths. Keep reading to find all of the Freebies for MIOSM in this posting. 

MUSIC POETRY FREEBIE

This Freebie is for teachers that want their students to also express their feelings in poetry. It's an acrostic poem activity. Freebie: Music Class MIOSM writing poster
It also includes some easy rhythm activities. You can divide your class into pairs or let them work on the activities alone. You might consider holding a contest for the best written poem and display it on a bulletin board or announce on your school announcements.
MIOSM MUSIC FREEBIE

MIOSM SONG FREEBIE

Are you a choir teacher? I wrote this 3 part SSA song that you can learn and perform in 1 class time. It has Melody, Harmony and then a 3rd part with different words-like a melody ostinato.
FREEBIE MIOSM: "March is Music in Our Schools Month" SSA ACAPELLA
MIOSM SSA FREEBIE

POSTERS AND PUBLICITY

Are you looking for some posters to advertise MIOSM?
This free resource has a lot of options. There are posters, writing activities and flyers that you can have students make, or, use as a contest, or have your classroom teachers use a a writing activity.
MIOSM: March is Music in Our Schools Month Posters and Wri
MIOSM WATERCOLOR POSTERS and WRITING ACTIVITIES


TEACHER GRAPHIC

Last, but not least, I created a graphic you can use on any paper, t-shirt, bulletin board of your choice.
Freebie: Music MIOSM Poster "WHAT'S YOUR SUPER POWER?" I h
MUSIC TEACHER MIOSM FREEBIE


MORE MIOSM FROM SING PLAY CREATIVELY STORE

If you're interested, I also have some "paid" resources that are on sale during the month of March.
MIOSM UKULELE SONG : "March is Music Month"
MIOSM SONG FOR UKULELE

MIOSM: "MARCH IS MUSIC IN OUR SCHOOLS MONTH" ORFF SONG

MIOSM 2 PART SONG AND ORFF ARRANGEMENT

MIOSM: Classroom Decor Poster, Bulletin Board and Printables
MIOSM BULLETIN BOARD & WRITING ACTIVITY

Don't forget to grab your--


FREEBIE RESOURCES HERE: MIOSM FREEBIE  


I hope you enjoy these Freebies. I'd love to hear about your experiences in the comments section!
Like this article?
PIN ME

FACEBOOK ME

SHARE ME
Have a wonderful week!
Sandra

FOLLOW ME HERE

Google+ Followers