Monday, October 31, 2016

FIVE FAVORITE PINS OF OCTOBER



Hi Friends!
Today I'm joining in a linky party, "Five favorite pins," for the month of October!
Follow the links to the pins for some amazing Pinterest Pins and ideas for October fun.
I did a search for some Freebie Printables and Lessons, so I'll share those with you here.

Aren't Freebies great?
And just in case you're feeling kind of "spooked" about your lessons, here's a little poem for you.

#1 A SWEET WAY TO TEACH RHYTHMS!
The Homeschool Den: Introducing Quarter Notes, Half Notes and Whole Notes:
I'm actually going to do this with my 5th and 6th graders this year. I know that there's too much candy going around-but they've really struggled with rhythms and making the connection to sounds on/in a beat. So We're going to make candy "raps"!  Very Excited about that!


#2 FREE GHOSTLY VOCAL WARM UPS
I plan on using these with my Choir students. What a fun way to get them excited to come early in the morning!
Ghostly Animated Vocal Explorations - Vocal Warm-Ups  Use these ghostly slides as a transition from vocal exploration to traditional vocal warm-ups! As a vocal exploration, students follow the animated lines with appropriate vocal sirens. As a traditional vocal warm-up, the dots on the lines may be thought of as iconic representation for specific pitches. The warm-up patterns may be raised by half-steps and repeated as needed for your singers.:



“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm1qvX1ygOo&feature=youtu.be&utm_content=buffer3df3b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer”:


I have to say I really like to do this dance with the kids...it's clean and they think it's funny that I'll do the dance with them. When the Ghostbusters switch places-I call out "Go Crazy" and we all run around the room, but have to be back in our spots before the next section of the song..give it a try!
Just Dance 2014 - Ghostbusters (Classic 5 Stars) PS3 - YouTube:


The singing pumpkins teach in a creative way-different music styles. I'm going to share this with my 5th graders who I think will love it! 
Singing Pumpkins 3D Animation Halloween - YouTube:

Want to have a Howling good time?  I've got more ideas in my blog post: "How to Have a Howling Good Time in Music Class".






FOLLOW ME HERE

Google+ Followers