Monday, October 24, 2016

Halloween Sing-A-Long and Movement Activities


Want a fun Halloween activity idea? How about a Halloween Sing-A-Long? Or maybe you want to play some "spooky" music and have the kids "mooving"? I do! And-I've got some wickedly delicious ideas brewing in my teaching stew this week. 
I'll begin with students sitting on the floor. I'll be using some movement cards that I'll sequence according to the dynamics of the music. 
I'll warm everyone up using this funny and well done vocal version of the "The Hall of the Mountain King"


Or this techno-version (which the kids will love). I'll use this one for a freeze dance activity. 


And for those of you who have a bit more of a classical taste-


I have two Halloween sing-a-long songs on my YouTube channel that you can watch without having to purchase the complete lesson plan resource. 

"Skin and Bones"


"The Black Cat" A sing and move Rap!
You can find the full resource at my store "The Black Cat"
Another fun idea is to play Hot Pumpkin!  Get a small round pumpkin and pass it in a circle (play some fun Halloween Music). Stop the music and whomever has the pumpkin has to sing a Halloween song, or Howl like a ghost, laugh like a witch...you could list a bunch of stuff on the board and let them choose!  (maybe I'll make a freebie out of this sometime!)
For my K-2 friends, I like to keep them moving! "Dem Bones" is a fun activity I like to use to get them warmed up.


Fun Action Songs for your K-3

How about letting Upper Elementary students choreograph a short dramatization to "Thriller"?
Here's some great ideas:


And this Disney video may be best for your upper elementary students.

Of if you want a good laugh or a lighter skeleton dance:


My favorite is "Ghost Busters". I have been known to dance around the room like a ghost and "scare" the kids.


Dr. Jean has some great ideas on how to make a witches broom and the lyrics to one of my fav's--Stirring Your Brew.
Or you can watch the video and sing-a-long!



How about using paper plates and putting a Halloween picture or sticker on 4-5 of them. Begin the music! Students walk around the circle of plates and stop when the music stops! Whoever lands on a plate with a picture has to...how about dance like a "skeleton"?
So many fun things you can do during a Halloween sing-along and movement activity day! Try these other articles for more fun and Free ideas!
Have a Howling Good Time!
How to Integrate Music Concepts with Halloween Lessons

FOLLOW ME HERE

Google+ Followers