Monday, December 12, 2016

Here's to a Jolly-Jinglin' Music Class


Everyone's excited for the Holiday break and lesson plans are sometimes abandoned for quick fixes to the pre-holiday wiggles.
I've tried a variety of lessons in hopes of keeping some kind of classroom order and learning going. It's also concert time and my desk tends to get a bit piled up with all of the projects that need to be completed before I too take a holiday break.
 Some of the holiday lessons I've used include; sing-a-longs to holiday favorites, orff instrument arrangements to "I Have a Little Dreidel" and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", Rhythm stick routines to Nutcracker Music, creative movement and scarves to all holiday music, and stations where students play holiday rhythm pictures and make music on rhythm sticks, xylophones and also compose rhythms. It seems as long as I keep little hands busy, we can have a Jolly-Jinglin' time in our music class.
So to help you have a Jolly-Jinglin' time in your music class, I've written two fairly easy orff arrangements that I'm sharing with you to say Happy Holidays! They are recorded at a slower tempo than you may play them-but I was thinking that to learn the parts, it'd be nice to have a bit slower tempo. There are no vocals as I'm sure students will love to sing for themselves. If you'd like the pdf files, just subscribe to me on this blog. They will be this month's freebie and remain in the resource library for any subscribers.
"Jingle Bells" with jingle bells, wood block and soprano and bass xylophones.

"Jolly Old St. Nicholas", with triangle, wood block and soprano and bass xylophones.

Wishing you the best Holiday Ever! 
(don't forget to subscribe)

Music Teacher Tips

FEATURED POST

3 Creative Ways to Make Puppets

Springtime music lessons can be so much fun. I like to play a lot of circle games with my students during the last quarter of the s...